Thursday, September 13, 2012

Fall

Hi Mom-First rain of the fall-first promise of cooler weather coming, of a break in the heat.  Corresponds to my heart-this is the first week I have felt a small break in the agony of losing you and although I know it is a permanent wound, it hurts a tiny bit less this week and hey, I'll take it.  I still think of you all the time, in so many small and large moments of each day.  Yesterday I decorated my house for fall-a season you taught me to love with all its colors and cool weather.  You taught me to make my home a sanctuary of beauty and peace for my family and I will honor your memory in this.  Christina has been having a hard time lately.  Last night I took her to a movie, just to get her out and get her mind off of things.  I thought about you and what an advocate you always were for your kids and grandkids.  That is something you would have done.  You always entered into our sadnesses and tried to bring light.  I love that.  Thanks for that example, mom.  I live it every day.  So....happy fall, happy relief, happy that you are where you are even though I miss you here like crazy.

No comments: