Thursday, December 8, 2011

Life moving

Dear mom: We are all moved in to our new home. You would love it. I think about you all the time, as I am doing little things just like you used to and as my girls probably will someday. Today I was putting all my jewelry boxes in my underwear drawer remembering that you did that, too, and wondering if someday my girls will or if they even notice I do that. Clearly I noticed at one time that you did. Such a strange feeling, being in this house. The duplex was temporary so I did not really get attached to it. I think being here makes me miss my house in Austin and also makes it clear that I am in a totally different phase in life than I was when I was there: the girls are older-their little knick-knacks don't adorn their shelves like they used to. You are dwindling more each day and there is an emptiness where you should be. I feel a little lost. Today when I talked with you, the silence on the other end of the line was deafening. Are you still there? How much of you? Do you know who I am? So many questions.

No comments: