Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bits and Pieces

Dear Mom: I just got an email from dad reminding me that a little bit of you is going away, it seems every day. He told me that you don't ask where everyone is anymore. I don't know if it is because you are not able to, but still want to know, or if in your state of mind, it just is not important anymore. Makes me so sad. That was always so important to you: to know where your famiy was at all times-you kept in such good touch with us all. Now we will have to carry that on. I dreamed another dream a few nights ago about us all being home again. Aunt Eva was there in a blue dress and she looked me in the eye and said: "carry on the things that you have learned", or something like that. It spoke to me of tradition and how it is important for me to carry those on with my own kids and they with theirs. God is a God of unchanging promises-the same yesterday, today, and forever. I think there are some sweet traditions you have passed on to us from Grams that we need to keep alive. The dream was a good reminder. I don't have "you" anymore but I always have your influence. That is comforting. I love you, mom.

No comments: