Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Faith, not sight


When we walk by faith, it means we live and act like God is real. He is there and will keep His promises, provide, come through, act, answer our prayers, even if we don't see it or experience it-especially if we don't see it. Faith, not sight. So I give money I don't have in my bank account. Dumb? Or faith? I go minister to someone when I am barely holding it together, trusting the Holy Spirit to give me the words I just cannot come up with on my own. Lack of preparation? Or faith? I send my daughter into a hostile country, with deathly transportation, to live in a village with disease-in a very disease-ridden household, in the middle of nowhere-but God is there. Foolishness? Or faith? If faith is the conviction of things not seen, why do we always have to see first, then act? Why don't we jump off the cliff more often, fully expecting God to catch us? What would life look like if we did? Dang exciting!!! THEN we would "see" God-in His full glorious action-AFTER we leap-THEN we see!!!! Like Frances Chan said "we live in such a way that even if God does not come through, everything will work out." NO!!!!! The ONLY way for it to work out is if God comes through. If He does not, we have not risked-and that is sight, not faith. God, enable me to live this way. Grant me opportunities day by day to jump off the cliff. And yes, I am aware of what I am asking. I am asking for a scary life-in the world's eyes-I am asking for uncomfortable situations and the anticipation of things I cannot see, and uncertainty in everything this world is about but You ARE certainty-I AM. You are able to keep me from falling, to present me blameless, to meet all my needs, to fill me up, strengthen me, cause me to stand, uphold me, bless me, keep me,hold me up by your hand, pour love into me so I have some to give to others, keep Your promises, prove my trust. Give me a heart of risk-to not demand to "see"-to not live as if I can possibly plan it all out and have it all fall into place apart from You.

No comments: