Thursday, January 12, 2012

Houses and Life


We are settled into our house in San Angelo, yet not settled at all-not our hearts. I can't help comparing this house to our house in Austin but it is not a fair comparison. A house is not a building, it is a lifetime and Austin was a different lifetime-our house in Austin housed my growing children-our homeschool times together, Catalis, our boat, ODA and BSF and Awana and church, Mother-Daughter bake days, Ballet and Choir-all the things that are no more. I can't duplicate it here-don't even want to. It is yet to be seen what this house will contain-it will be different-one child is gone, another much older. We still do school but not in the same way-we have different activities, different lives, it will be filled with different people. I have to tell myself it is not better or worse, just different. But Austin house will always hold a special place in my heart-it is where my kids grew up-where we made memories by the bucketload-every day-as fast as we could and now they are spilling over in my mind like a flood.

No comments: