Monday, November 7, 2011

Dear Mom 1

Dear Mom- Prayed for you and cried for you as I walked this morning. Tears of sorrow over missing you and tears of joy and hope that someday you are going to be whole again-free of this nasty disease, and safe in Jesus' arms-dancing, talking, playing Chopin (as if you'll care) or whatever we will be doing in heaven-but you will be doing it with all your might. Jesus ministered to me this morning so much through Switchfoot-a band you would not like-too raucus. However, their lyrics touch my soul. Here are just a few of them that broke me down: " I am the raindrop falling down, always looking for deeper ground. " So good. Reminded me of my thirst for God this morning and how it is unquenchable. Here is another one: "Feels like I travel but I never arrive, I want to thrive, not just survive." Expresses so deeply what I am feeling at this stage in my life. "So I close my eyes and go back in time, I can see you smiling-you're so alive." This one makes me just long for the days when you would even smile-or laugh-or say "Cindy Kay" or anything at all. I miss interracting with you. Just wanted you to know that today. Love you!

No comments: