Sunday, February 7, 2010

Grateful

I have finally come to the realization that there are people out there who can keep up their house, yard, what have you-make it look not only immaculate but decorative and modern. Some of them do it on a budget, with hardly any money at all. I have also come to the realization that I am not one of those people. My backyard looks like a mini dump and no matter how hard I try to fix up my house, I just don't have "the touch". I go into other people's houses and envy their ability to keep it together so nicely. Now, mind you, my house is lovely and I love everything in it and even the way it is put together-but it does not have that polished look. It has fraying around the edges, junk in the closets that sometimes spills out into rooms, books and papers lying around at any given time and usually, unless my husband has gotten to it, dishes in the sink. God is showing me lately that I am on a quest for a perfect house-perfectly clean, perfectly decorated, perfectly organized-no mildew in my grout! But alas, this is the WRONG quest. My quest needs to be for Him, for righteousness, for my family and investing in them. Part of that brings messyness. People are messy and investing in them heavily is even more messy. I look around my house and am so grateful for the time God has given me and the opportunity to invest in my kids-their education, their spiritual growth, their lives. I can clean and organize the house when they are gone and it is coming all too soon. For now, I just want to hang out with them, with Eric, and ignore the dust in the corners.

No comments: