Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Bittersweet

We have just returned from what might be our last family vacation before Rachel goes off to college next summer. She is going through her closet, cleaning things out and I realize that next year this time we will be packing all her childhood memories off in boxes and she will be leaving. I am not ready for this. Is one ever ready for this? Is it even possible to get ready for your heart tearing in two? I see so much evidence this year of God preparing her. I have to trust His plan, His timing, His preparation of her. Mine is coming to an end. I peruse all our homeschool books on the shelf and a pain stabs my heart. Most of my reading days with her are over. No more snuggle time or living adventures through books together- I may be able to sneak in one more book this summer. I will miss it and so many more things so much. God will have to do a work in my heart as well-to prepare it to let go.

No comments: