Friday, August 15, 2008

Perspective

I walked down the stairs this morning with an attitude of discontent once again. I see the little messes left around the house and do not remember the sweet words of the one who left them there "thanks for spoiling me, mom." I do not remember her grateful heart-I am too focused on my less than perfect house. Perspective. School is starting soon and I am panicking, not feeling prepared, thinking my time is going to be sucked away-I forget how much fun it is to get to do what I love-teach, and how thankful I am I get to spend so much time with my girls. Perspective. I am a little tired, my feet ache, my stomach hurts and I am lagging in energy as usual-but then there's my friend who is dying of cancer-how does she feel today? My friend who is going to prison-how does he feel? So many who are struggling with so many things. I focus on all that I need in the house-the broken dishes, ruined chairs, dirty carpets, table that is barely holding together and I forget that we have a roof over our heads (and a nice one at that), we have food, we have love, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit-we have eternal life and forgiveness of sins and a God who loves us dearly and daily. Perspective. Cup half full and God makes up the rest.

No comments: