Monday, April 9, 2012

Today

I know that 5 years from now, there will probably be an entire neighborhood behind my back fence. But for today, I am going to enjoy the beauty of the trees and field with the sunrise bursting through. I am going to sit on my patio and soak in the view-today. I know that Rachel will probably be married soon and move away for good and I will see her less and less but for today, I am going to be my mom and wave at her as she drives away to school. I am going to relish the smell of her perfume wafting through the house, reminding me of her presence here-today. My mother-in-law is moving in and I have no idea what all that will hold but for today, I am going to enjoy the freedoms I have, Christina asleep in her bed, spending time with her and with Eric and not worry about the rest-today. "Each day has enough troubles of its own." I am going to focus on today's troubles and tackle them one at a time and not worry about all the "what if's", for they may never come. I will enjoy what this day brings-what God sees fit to allow in and be grateful for all He keeps out that I will not know until eternity. Today.

No comments: